Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Erasmsus Library Fines

Just a word of caution. Loans at the Erasmsus library are for three weeks. You may however renew these loans for an additional three weeks if no one as requested they be reserved for them. Should you fail to do so, you will be fined. Normally, a reminder is sent to your Erna email account but many of us tend not to check regularly so be careful.

The charges are as follows and additional info can be found at:
http://www.eur.nl/en/ub/english/services/borrowing/borrowingfromthecollection/
1st recall € 0.50
2nd recall € 0.75
3rd recall € 1.50
4th recall € 2.50
Bill for replacement costs: €25 administrative expenses + €50 replacement cost per book + recall costs = minimum charge of €80.25

A bit of anecdotal information. I left for my thesis research and got stuck in Jamaica for 6 weeks. I had taken some library books with me. There is no official rule barring a student from doing this but as other students were in need of some of the books it took some doing to get the 75 euros waived so I just thought I would advise against it.

All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment