Saturday, June 12, 2010

International/Cultural Night


(Rwandan, Indonesian, Jamaican (Me), Indonesian, Ethiopian)
So there I was running all over Kingston the week before departure trying to get the right fabric to have a national dress made to take for what IHS called an International Night. Huh?? What's that about? I had no idea and I was sorely tempted to ignore the voice telling me get one, after all I've never worn one before. Well, glad I didn't listen.

Its by far and wide one of the most memorable events on the school calendar and promises to be good every year barring none. So I spent 6 hours on April 2009 cooking up a storm of Jamaican run-down with puree garlic pumpkin with boiled 'spinners' dumpling (a dish that normally takes no more than 2 hours, poor Jeanette). But worth it it was. What took place could only be called a culinary gastronomical delight. So bring the national dress, bring your best recipe and bring your favorite local music and just in case a bottle of Peptobismol would be good planning.

(A Thai, Mozambican, Vietnamese, Egyptians in National Dress)

No comments:

Post a Comment